Come read how to make your own Grandma Starter Kit. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SkinCareForBaby #CollectiveBias
Many people like to step up and volunteer to babysit when there is a new little one around. But as a mom I remember how hard it was to make sure to remember to bring all the stuff that a baby needs everywhere. From diapers to wipes, clothes, bibs, the list really does go on and on when it comes to a baby and things you like to have on hand for them. Why not make a grandma starter kit so that it could be one less thing for mom to have to worry about bringing when she goes to visit or grandma watches the baby for a bit. It would be a functional gift that could be given out at the baby shower for the grandmas or aunties that will watch the baby for mom and dad to get a break.
By getting the grandma starter kit supplies at Walmart you can get the essentials for less money and get some in smaller sizes since grandma won’t need full size products of much but diapers and wipes. Speaking of those are the first things that should be on the list for sure. I can’t tell you how many times that somehow I would run out of diapers while at other people’s houses. There are just some days when the baby goes through so many!!
What to put in the Grandma Starter Kit:
- Diapers- Walmart carries the Huggies® Little Snugglers in Jumbo Packs for around $8.96 that are plenty for grandma to have on hand so you can buy one of each size to start her out
- Wipes- Huggies® Natural Care Wipes come in a 64 count container that will keep the wipes from drying out and at a fair price of around $2.37
- Onsies- You can never have too many onsies around for those blowouts that are inevitable
- Burp Rags
- Baby Shampoo and Lotion
- Tummy/Gas Drops
- Light Blankets
If you know that grandma has a certain decor you can get a storage cube that matches her house or any basic neutral color. You could also put all of the supplies for the grandma starter kit in her own diaper bag or other cute bag as well. Then grandma can have one spot for all the baby items that is easily accessible and it gives mom a little stress relief knowing that when she visits grandma’s house that she will have all the basic supplies needed for baby. I love that the Huggies® Little Snugglers and Natural Care Wipes are available for a great price in store and online and are just the right package size for grandmas’s house. Mom can rest assured that her baby’s skin will get the best care.
What other ideas do you have to put in the Grandma Starter Kit? If you have someone who is going to be watching after your baby you could make one of these or be a good auntie and make your own 🙂 I do love the idea of having it at the baby shower for the grandmas to feel included as well!
- Huggies® Little Snugglers Jumbo Pack
- Designed to help keep baby’s skin clean & healthy
- GentleAbsorb* Liner – (sizes N-2) has tiny, soft pillows that provide a cushiony layer of protection between your baby’s skin and the mess.
- Wetness Indicator – (Sizes N-3) color-changing wetness indicator lets you know when your baby’s diaper is ready to be changed
- Umbilical Cord Cut-out – It’s perfectly shaped to protect healing belly-buttons. Available in preemie and newborn sizes only.
- Huggies® Natural Care Wipes (64 sheets)
- Softer for sensitive skin care
- TripleClean* Layers – thick enough to handle any mess, with a texture that’s soft against your baby’s skin