The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.
With my new LuLaRoe business I have a lot of Open House style events and in home pop-ups. The last thing you want it to be is awkward when people come into your house and it is dead silent(well minus the dog and kids). It just makes it weird when someone comes into your home to try on clothes and you can hear everything that they are doing. So to remedy that, I have started using Chromecast Audio. I can keep the music going in all parts of the house while hosting friends and new customers in my home.
The best part about Chromecast audio is that I can control it from anywhere in the house right from my phone. I tend to like to play Pandora rather low, but still enough to hear and create background noise. But every once in awhile that song that I just love I have to crank it up and share with everyone at the open house. With just a few taps on my phone we can all listen to it whether in the office/LuLaRoom or upstairs with the crazy kids.
You simply plug in the Chromecast Audio into the power outlet, then connect it to a speaker. From your phone, tablet, or laptop you can then control your speaker through Chromecast to listen to your fave music or other streaming audio with control all in one place. Since we have an upstairs there are times when I want the music that I am playing downstairs to run up there as well. With a few taps the whole house can be connected and listening to whatever I want.
From the app store, I downloaded the Google Home app to connect the chromecast device to my wifi and so my phone would recognize the devices that were close. If you have more than one device in the house you can choose which one it goes to. Say you have a child that likes to have soft music on during naptime. Add a speaker and chromecast in their room and cast some lullaby music up to their room. Turn the volume up or down right from your phone without ever having to sneak into their room and adjust the volume! Genius I tell ya.
Highlights of Chromecast Audio:
Play music on your speakers, new or old, wirelessly from your phone, laptop or tablet.
Because Chromecast Audio uses WiFi instead of Bluetooth, you can stream crystal clear hi res sound.
- Listen to your favorite tunes on your speaker
- By using your phone, it’s easy to play, pause, or change the volume from anywhere in the home. And while streaming, you can still text or call without interrupting what’s playing or draining your battery.
- Crystal clear sound, powered by the cloud
- Use Chromecast Audio to stream over Wi-Fi which has many advantages over Bluetooth including higher sound quality.
- Enjoy hundreds of your favorite audio apps
- Stream millions of songs, radio stations, and podcasts through apps like Pandora, Spotify, YouTube Music, and Google Play Music. Find more at chromecast.com/apps
- Play music everywhere with Multi-room
- Now you can easily fill every room in your home with synchronous music. Simply group Chromecast Audio devices together so you can listen to the same song on multiple speakers.
Find Google Chromecast Audio at Best Buy for around $35. Gotta love easy plug and play on any speaker in your house now!!