This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DadsMyHero #CollectiveBias Sharing my 10 ways to have fun with daddy!
My favorite memory growing up was when I would help my dad while he was working on whatever part of our car was broken. He would do the oil changes, brakes, and so much more since we didn’t have a whole lot of “extra” money. I would sit there and try to give him tools even though I had no idea which one he really needed or wanted. He would then have to go dig through his tool box an find the right one and then show it to me. This is why my dad is my hero.
We weren’t doing anything that cost a lot of money or was staged in any way. It was just time that we spent together. Just TIME. These have always have been my favorite family events. The ones where you just spend quality time together, getting to know each other without distractions of the outside world. That’s why it makes me happy when we just hang out with my parents each Friday or when they call and take the kids to just spend time with them. It also makes me happy when I see my husband spending those same quality moments with my own kids.
They will never remember all the toys they have, they remember when daddy takes them to do things one on one or they head to the park for a bit or when they can build something together out of scrap wood. So I thought I would share 10 ways to have fun with daddy. Some cost money, but some don’t. That is the beauty of it.
- Head to the putting range and let the kids hit some balls. We got my son a junior golf set this past Christmas and it has been a hit. Little Man loves when Daddy can take him out on a Sunday so they can have some “Man Time”. There is a 9 hole course they go play and Dylan comes home to tell me his score with the biggest smile on his face.
- Bike Ride. Bella asks almost every night for my husband to take her on a bike ride. Mostly so that they can go play at the park, but it is still time spent with daddy and mommy sure doesn’t mind the 30+ minutes of quiet.
- Shadow people. My parents started this game with the kids, and it has become a family favorite. My hubs can put on the Energizer Headlight, turn out all the lights and the kids can jump and play with their shadows on the wall. They can then take turns with the headlight since the straps are adjustable.
- Headlight hide and seek. Just like hide and seek so when the light from the Energizer Headlight hits the person you find they are out. Turning out all the lights in the house makes this even more fun. Each person could get their own headlight so that they could find their hiding spot in the dark. Then they turn it off once they get to their spot. The person who is “it” leaves their light off until time to go seek.
- Picnic in the park. For those days when my kids want to ride their bikes, daddy could pack up some extra supplies so that they can have a picnic while they are there.
- Go Bowling.
- Build something new. My kids loves when they can go with daddy to the store to pick out some wood and other items to build whatever. They have built bird houses. They even built a dog house then painted it PINK. The dog refuses to go in it.. haha but it is a fixture now in our back yard of the hard work they put in together.
- Go see a movie or rent a new one that you haven’t seen yet. Pop some popcorn and have a movie night
- Build a fort. These can get pretty epic in our house with the several couches and chairs and sheets.
- Visiting daddy at work. Since my husband works at a restaurant this one is not hard for us to pull off. We love to eat and getting to see daddy at the same time makes it all that much better. It may not be easy to visit daddy at work depending upon what he does, but if you can take your kids there it helps give them an understanding of where daddy goes and what all he does while at work.
I look forward to all the memories that will be shared between my husband and the kids. That is what they will remember and for that reason I love him.
Want to have some fun with your dad or husband, go purchase the Energizer Headlight, Use this Coupon, and see what fun you can have with your kids. Look for more ideas at this link: http://cbi.as/9ek7.