It is 3:00 pm. The kids will soon be done with school for the day and I just know that they will be ravenous. You know because the school doesn’t feed them all through the day right…. Well at least that is the way it seems when my kids come home. Mom I am hungry. Mom what can I eat. Here are 5 easy to pack after school snacks that I am pretty sure that most kids will love. You can take the basics of crackers, yogurt, or fruit and step it up a bit adding a dipping sauce, making a trail mix, or freezing it into pops.
5 Easy to Pack After School Snacks
- My kids favorite snack is anything crunchy. So what I do is take Goldfish crackers, pretzels, and sweetened cereal to make an easy trail mix type snack. If your kids like peanuts or other nuts you could definitely add those to the trail mix.
- Yogurt/Juice Pops. I love taking my kids favorite yogurt and juice and turning it into a frozen treat. Simply layer the yogurt on the bottom, top with their favorite juice and freeze in those cute molds you can find at any store.
- Fruit cups. Just one kind of fruit can get a little boring. Chop up some grapes, apples, and mandarin oranges for a colorful and satisfying fruit cup.
- Hello granola bars. You can get all fancy and make your own or go easy and buy them premade. Kids think they are getting something sweet, but you know they are getting grains and fiber.
- Cheese/Meat Kabobs. No not every kids will like this one, but if you take chunks of cheese and some pepperoni and put it on a toothpick “kabob” your kid just might eat it. These are perfect to go along with your Goldfish Trail Mix. The cheese flavor in both snacks are a match made in snack heaven.
The Goldfish trail mix can be customized to your child’s taste. Mine love peanuts, pretzels Goldfish, and just a bit of cereal. You can put about a cup of each into a bowl and stir it up. Then take the goldfish trail mix and portion it out into smaller snack bags. Grab one or two before you head to the school pickup line so that you have snacks ready for when your kids get into the car.
These 5 easy to pack after school snacks are great for on the go if you have to run errands or as you go to soccer practice. Food really brings families together and it is where most of our memories are made. Goldfish wants you to be sure check out the Goldfish “Finn and Friends Mysteries” App for your Ipad as another fun activity to share with your kids! Big news my friends! Submit your Fall Fun Goldfish Tale here for a chance to win $1,000 and other prizes!