Kids and colorful thing seem to go hand in hand. I mean after all how boring would our world be without all of the beautiful colors we see in nature. Goldfish brings those colors from nature to their Goldfish by using plant based colors in their crackers. While my kids love the classic Goldfish color, they really love when we get the Colors Goldfish for something fun and creative. Goldfish is bringing color through plants by using fruits and veggies to naturally color their fun crackers. Even I was surprised at what they use to get blue, green, and other colors.
I love the idea that Goldfish crackers are colored through various plants. You can actually use Goldfish crackers as a teaching tool for your kids to show them how plant colors can be turned into food colors. Have your kids sort the crackers by color and count how many of each color per bag. It doesn’t hurt that they can eat their work afterwards!
- Always Baked with 100% Real Cheddar Cheese
- No Artificial Flavors or Preservatives
- Colors Sourced from Plants, such as annatto extracted from the reddish seeds of the Achiote Tree
- Red: The red Goldfish crackers are colored using a mix of red beet juice concentrate and paprika extracted from sweet red peppers. Wholesome and colorful. You can’t beat that.
- Green: The green Goldfish crackers color comes from watermelon & Huito juice concentrates mixed with extracted Turmeric. That’s Huito. Pronounced wee-toe. Colorful and fun to say!
- Yellow: The yellow Goldfish crackers color comes from extracted Turmeric. A beautiful color that makes you think of warm sunshine on a perfect day.
- Blue: Our subtle blue crackers come from Huito (derived from South American fruit) and Watermelon juice concentrates. These crackers have so much fun, they never get the blues.
No need for dyes when the world and plants around us offer beautiful colors that we can use to color our food as well.
Right now Goldfish has the Plant Your Vote campaign going on where they want you/your kids to vote for your favorite Goldfish color. The color with the highest number of votes will get its own limited edition bag! Voting dates are from 9/2/2017 – 10/31/2017. The limited-edition bag will be available in April and May 2018 at select stores. Blue is one of my favorite colors so my vote goes there!! What color would you choose?