This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FinalFourPack #CollectiveBias Coca-Cola is a corporate champion of the NCAA.
It is college basketball season. Have you been watching all the games? My hubs is pretty excited that his team has made it in to the NCAA® March Madness Final Four!! Woo hoo. To celebrate, I decided to whip up these yummy Gluten Free Chicken and Waffles with Cherry Vanilla Coke compote. Let me just tell you these are delicious and perfect for a basketball game viewing party!! And I was able to get all of the ingredients when I went to pick up my Coca-Cola NCAA® Final Four Pack available at Walmart. Right now you can get the 12 packs 3 for $10 or make your own 4 (4 pack-16 cans) for $5.
To start take a can of vanilla coke and pour it into a sauce pan. Next add 1/2 cup of dried cherries as well as about a tablespoon of fresh rosemary. I don’t chop it up so that you can take the leaves out if you aren’t a fan. You can also add just a pinch of salt and a sprinkling of pepper. Simmer this lovely concoction until it reduces by about half.
While the compote is cooking, take a chicken breast and cut into small bite size pieces. Dust liberally with your favorite BBQ spice rub. I sauteed mine in a pan until cooked through. You could also grill it to give an extra punch of flavor, just don’t cut it up beforehand if you decide to grill it.
Now this part you can skip if you don’t have a mini waffle maker, but since I do I took my favorite gluten free pancake/waffle mix and made my own mini waffles. They are so cute and perfect to make anytime and keep in the freezer. If you don’t have a waffle maker, you can simply buy mini waffles in the frozen breakfast section.
To assemble, place a mini waffle down first. Top with a few pieces of BBQ chicken, this will all depend upon how little you cut up your chicken. Top with the cherry vanilla coke compote. Drizzle with a little of the remaining liquid. Oh my Oh my Oh my!!! These little bites will sure to be a wow your crowd and satisfy even those manly hungry tummies. The hubs was quite impressed with the flavor combo. We now have another appetizer recipe to use for all of our parties. It would be great to use Cherry Coke as well and instead of rosemary you could use thyme.
- 1 can Vanilla Coke
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1 T fresh rosemary
- 1 chicken breast
- BBQ seasoning
- gluten free waffle mix
- Start by putting the vanilla coke, cherries, and rosemary in a sauce pan. Add a pink of salt and pepper. Simmer until liquid reduces by about half.
- While the compote is simmering, chop the chicken into bite sized pieces, dust with your favorite BBQ seasoning, then either grill or pan saute the chicken until cooked through.
- Follow the directions on your favorite gluten free waffle mix and cook in a mini waffle maker or buy mini waffles from the frozen breakfast section.
- Layer the cooked waffles, then chicken, and top with the cherry vanilla compote. Drizzle some of the liquid over the tops of the bites. Enjoy again and again.
This recipe can work for the other flavors of Coca Cola as well. Experiment and have fun with it!
Follow Coke on all their social channels
- Twitter: @CokeZero & @CocaCola
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cocacola/ & https://www.pinterest.com/cocacolazer0/
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/cocacola & http://instagram.com/cokezero
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CocaColaUnitedStates?brand_redir=1 & https://www.facebook.com/cocacolazero
While you are busy cooking and watching the games… why not enter the Coca Cola #FinalFourPack Walmart Sweepstakes – $1,000 in Prizing. Take a selfie with your favorite Coke products and upload it to win!! So what other foods do you like to make for while you are watching the big games? Think these Gluten Free Chicken and Waffles with Cherry Vanilla Coke Compote will be n our menu?