My family loves to eat pasta, but you don’t always want the same old meat sauce, noodles, and some parmesan cheese. So this time I decided to twist it up a bit using my base of Ragu Homestyle sauce and made Mediterranean Inspired Pasta. With just a few extra ingredients, I was able to turn our normal spaghetti dish into one with extra flavor and complexity. You would almost think it is gourmet… almost.
Special ingredients for the Mediterranean inspired pasta:
- Canned artichokes
- Chopped or sliced olives
- Feta cheese
To make the sauce, simply cook some ground beef or any ground meat. After the meat is cooked through add in a full jar of the Ragu Homestyle Roasted Garlic, chopped artichokes, and olives. Simmer the sauce while the pasta is cooking. I used a tagliatelle this time which is a wider noodle. It really soaked up the sauce well and is a good hearty pasta. Once the pasta is cooked and drained, add it into the sauce and toss thoroughly.
Serve the pasta in a bowl and top with feta cheese and more of the artichoke. The briny salty flavor of the feta and artichoke gives this pasta a rich flavor that I am sure your family would love as well. This recipe would also work with the Ragu Homestyle meat sauce and mushroom versions. Are you feeling uninspired with your regular pasta dishes? Head over to the Ragu Recipe page so that you can see what other dishes to make with the Ragu Homestyle sauces. I saw one for a loaded baked potato that sounded delicious.
It is so easy to dress up your pasta sauce just like with this Mediterranean inspired pasta that I shared with you today. Try it out or one of the other great Ragu recipes. What ways do you like to add to your favorite pasta dish to transform it into some new?
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked
- 1 jar Ragu Homestyle sauce, any flavor
- 1/2 cup canned artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced or chopped black olives
- 1 lb of your favorite pasta
- Feta cheese crumbles
- Cook the ground beef until browned all the way through.
- Add the pasta sauce, artichoke hearts, and olives to the ground beef.
- Simmer the sauce while the pasta is cooking.
- Cook pasta until just past al dente. It will finish cooking in the sauce.
- Drain the pasta, add to the sauce and toss until the pasta is thoroughly coated.
- Serve the pasta with crumbled Feta over the top and more of the artichokes.