It is always a good time for ice cream especially here in Texas where it rarely gets too cold. Heck I think I eat more ice cream in the winter to be honest. I was looking for a fun new way to serve some Brio ice cream and a thought popped up about making pancake ice cream sandwiches. Say what??!! Yes taking your typical breakfast item and adding some ice cream and sprinkles sounds like a good plan to me. These can be made with either regular or gluten free pancakes as Brio is gluten free! Don’t want to make the pancakes yourself? Just use some already made frozen pancakes or even waffles for this recipe.
To start mix up your favorite pancake mix. If you want, you can add all sorts of items to the pancakes themselves to give the pancake ice cream sandwiches extra flavor. I suggest making the pancakes smaller to make the ice cream sandwiches easier to eat. If you make them around the “dollar pancake” size or smaller cookie size that would be ideal. Once you have cooked the pancakes set them aside to cool.
I suggest taking the Brio ice cream out of the freezer while you are finishing cooking the last of your pancakes. This will let the ice cream soften just a bit and make it easier to spread on the cooled pancakes.
How to make pancake ice cream sandwiches:
- With the softened ice cream, take one pancake and turn it top down.
- Add as little or as much ice cream as you would like to the first pancake, making sure to spread it evenly.
- Top the ice cream with a second pancake. If you want them to be a uniform size, you can cut them with a round cookie cutter. This may need to be done after you freeze them if your ice cream is too soft.
- Place the finished pancake ice cream sandwiches on a lined baking sheet and put in the freezer until they are hard. If your family likes sprinkles, you can roll the ice cream sandwiches in sprinkles on the edges before you freeze.
- Wrap any uneaten desserts in wax paper and store in a plastic bag. These would be great made in advance for a party or a just because you made it through another day at school!
Brio ice cream is the perfect addition to these pancake ice cream sandwiches because it is gluten-free, half the fat and 1/3 less calories than other premium brands, no artificial colors/flavors/sweeteners. With 6 flavors to choose from you can customize just what flavors to add to your pancakes.
To help you out to make your own pancake ice cream sandwiches, Brio wants to send you some coupons to try out their ice cream. They want to give you 6 coupons for their single serve cups. To enter fill out the rafflecopter below. Giveaway ends 9/19/16. Good Luck and Happy Entering. Since Brio is only in limited locations, make sure to check their product locator before entering.