We have cut back a lot on sodas around here lately. For one, we(as in me) have been trying to eat/drink/life healthier. For two, on the limited budget that we have, sodas were one thing we could at least partially cut down on costs.
I had heard that there were products on the market where you could make your own at home, but have never fully looked in to it until recently when I heard about Sodastream. I was sent a Sodastream maker and several syrups to try out.
A little about Sodastream:
- Fill the bottle with water and chill
- Attach the carbonator on the back portion
- Attach the water bottle to the front portion
- Push the button on top at least 3 times
- Unscrew the water bottle and add the syrup
- Put on the top and gently shake to distribute the syrup
- Open and Enjoy!!
It really was that easy and quick. I was also impressed with how cost effective the whole system is. Yes, it can be a bit of a cost factor right up front at with the base model start up kit being $79.95 and going up from there dependant upon which model you buy, plus you will need to buy syrups on top of that. But when you look at what sodas can cost you throughout the year, it really is a great value. Also, the cost per can is only about .25 cents!!