This shop has been compensated by CollectiveBias, Inc. on behalf of its advertiser, EAS Sports Nutrition. #easbrand #PowerinProtein #collectivebias Come read how I am incorporating a new 15 minute morning routine.
Mornings can be tough when you have littles. Oh let’s face it mornings can be tough for anyone!! I am working on setting a new routine for myself to give me a good start to the morning, wake up my muscles, and give me fuel to tackle everything on my to do list. I am going to share with you my 15 minute morning routine that I am adopting to not only help me be the best mom, but best person I can be each day.
To start the day on the best foot, you really need to waken your muscles. Give your body a good stretch. It only takes about 10 minutes to do this routine, but you can stretch it out(literally) longer if you like.
15 Minute Morning Routine Workout:
- Stretches: 1. Stand with your feet together and slowly bend over towards your toes, letting your arms just hang down. You don’t need to touch your feet. Just let your weight hang down so that it gives your back a release of tension. 2. Sit on the floor with legs in a V, reach with your arms slowly towards your toes. Repeat each leg several times. 3. While standing or sitting, pull one arm across your chest to help your arms/shoulders stretch out.
- Jumping Jacks: Do 3 sets of 10 jumping jacks
- Jogging in Place: Jog/Run in place for 30 second spans. Do this 3 times
- Tricep Dips: Using a chair, face like you would be sitting down, putting your hands on the seat of the chair. Extend your body out so that you can dip down in front of the seat chair without touching it. Do 3 sets of 10 dips.
- Chair Push Ups: Using the chair again, turn to face the chair placing your hands on the seat. Do 3 sets of 10 push ups. By doing it this way it is less stress on your arms. If you need even less stress then you can use a wall. Or go all out and do the traditional push ups.
- Breathe: Take 2-3 minutes to just sit on your chair and take in long deep breaths while keeping your eyes closed. Allow yourself time to just clear your brain before all the craziness of the day starts.
You can get this “workout” done in about 10 minutes. If you want longer then take longer doing more stretches or deep breathing. Next step of this 15 minute morning routine is getting yourself the fuel you need to start the day. I have a few tips and tricks to make it quick and easy. I like to start my day with smoothies so that I can pack in the nutrition with little work and no cooking!! I pick up most of my ingredients for my smoothies at Walmart including one that I just started trying of EAS® 100% whey protein powder. I like super smooth, smoothies. So to combat the protein powder not blending fully I have started making protein powder ice cubes.To make the protein powder ice cubes:
- Put 12 scoops of EAS® 100% Whey Protein Powder in a blender
- Add in 1/2 cup almond milk, regular milk, or water to start
- Blend until smooth. You may need a bit more liquid but add slowly. It will be a thick mixture but that is ok. Just make sure to scrape down the side so that all of the powder is blended fully.
- Pour the mixture into ice cube tray and freeze
- Pop out of the trays and store in a freezer bag until ready to use.
You can make either a full on smoothie with fruit or go super simple and place two of the protein powder cubes in 8 oz of water, milk, or almond milk. For the simple method you can either put the items in a blender and mix or another tip is to place two cubes in a blender bottle with the liquid then by the time your are done with your workout the cubes will have melted and you can shake to mix and drink. This is an easy routine for any morning breakfast. Take your blender bottle in the car and when you get to work your protein shake will be ready to drink or take a second one for lunch.
I love making “ice cubes” for my morning smoothies that I can just pop into the blender and be ready to drink in no time. I do this a lot of frozen fruit and even spinach. With EAS 100% Whey Protein Powder you will get 30g of protein, the ideal amount after a workout. You get high-quality pure whey protein that you can see on the label what is in the product. I am also big on the no fillers and no added sugar. Whey protein is fast digesting and perfect for after a workout to replenish and start rebuilding muscle. Perfect addition to your 15 minute morning routine.
What else would you add to your 15 minute morning routine? What is your favorite way to wake up and get going?
Check out the New NBC Show S.T.R.O.N.G where EAS® products will be featured on the June 2nd episode. (9pm EST 8pm CST) Earn $3.00 when you purchase EAS® 100% Whey Protein – or $1.00 for EAS® AdvantEdge Carb Control.