Most of you have probably seen the Chevrolet Malibu commercial where they strip all the Chevy emblems off and people look at the vehicle to try and decide what manufacturer made the car. They talk about BMW, Audi and more and I would have to say I would agree with them on the look of the 2016 Chevrolet Malibu 2LT when it pulled into my driveway. See I had a preconception of what this vehicle would be like from the previous models I had seen out on the road. Will I really like this?
The funny thing is that a lot of people who I told what the car was had the same reaction. To go from a rather boxy sedan to a fun sporty look that rivals a BMW, man they did the design on this car right! The dual toned look of the wheels is killer. From far away it almost looks like a flower design, but I love the way it gives the wheels a fiercer look. They didn’t go over the top with the cut sporty look, it is a good balance of sedan and sport.
The interior of this particular vehicle was not as top of the line as some that I have been in recently, but gave me a good insight into what the average consumer would most likely purchase with some upgrades, but still having cloth seats. The grey throughout with different textures worked well and wasn’t distracting. Hey and it hides dirt well if you have kids. The interior was roomy and comfortable. You know you don’t always need all the upgrades that some vehicles come with especially things like leather which in Texas can be so hot.
The power and handling on this vehicle.. wow let me say I had some fun in this one. I drove it to Dallas for the Auto Show and there were times that the car was just gliding over the road and felt like it was floating. It is a fairly low riding vehicle which I am not always a fan of, but is to be expected out of a car. This is a great family vehicle with decent amount of space in the trunk. Even at the base model I think it would make a fantastic vehicle that would appeal to the everyday family person as well as those wanting a luxurious look on a tighter budget.
2016 Chevrolet Malibu 2LT: MSRP $30,490
- 2.0L Turbo DOHC 4-Cyl
- 8 speed automatic transmission
- Tire pressure monitor system
- Rear vision camera
- Driver confidence package- low speed mitigation braking, front/rear park assist, side blind zone lane change alert, follow distance indicator, collision and cross traffic alert
- EZ KEY passive entry system
- Auto halogen headlight control
- Dual stainless steel exhaust
- Convenience and tech package- remote start, auto-dim mirrors, wireless charging, leather wrapped steering wheel, dual USB charger port
- Chevrolet Mylink audio systemm- 8″ touchscreen, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto capability
- XM Radio
- Onstar 4G LTE WiFi hotspot