This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyKCMasterpiece #CollectiveBias
See just how easy it is to make a Cherry Limeade BBQ Sauce.
A few of my favorite things about warmer weather and summertime are grilling and Cherry Limeades!! Seriously, I have a slight obsession with cherry limeades so why not join my two summer faves and create a Cherry Limeade BBQ sauce that is easy to make, tastes great, and goes perfectly with grilled meats or even veggies. The flavor of the sauce is enhanced when I use KC Masterpiece® Dry Rub & Sauce Mix that I was able to pick up at Kroger. I found it where all the other BBQ seasoning and sauces were on the condiment aisle.
This Cherry Limeade BBQ Sauce is almost too easy, but the flavor is pretty amazing.
- Take a can of frozen limeade and a smaller bag of frozen cherries and defrost.
- Place both of the defrosted ingredients in a small sauce pan and add 1/2 packet of the KC Masterpiece® Sauce Mix & Dry Rub in Original.
- Heat the ingredients for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Pour the sauce into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return the sauce to the stove and keep over low heat until meat is finished grilling.
With the other half of the KC Masterpiece® Sauce Mix & Dry Rub, I sprinkled it over both sides of a pork tenderloin. You will want it to sit for a bit before grilling so that the meat moistens the dry rub and sets in a bit before grilling. The rub has a sweet smoky flavor to it. Once the meat is just about finished, you can spoon some of the sauce over it so that it will caramelize a bit with the grill heat. After the meat has rested, slice and drizzle with more of the Cherry Limeade BBQ Sauce. It is tart, sweet, and smoky all rolled into one. If you don’t use all of the sauce in one setting, just place in a container in the fridge for up to a week or so. You could also jar the sauce for gifts.
My hubs loved the flavor and I loved just how easy it was to make. Hello new favorite BBQ sauce! They also have a Honey Sweet packet as well that could be easily subbed in this recipe. Each box contains two packets that make 16 oz. of sauce. What is cool about these packets is that you can customize your sauce by adding just about any kind of liquid from coke, lemonade, or even just water. I might try it with coffee next time to have a deep rich flavor. Check to see if it is in a store near you. We all love savings so from 6/18 to 8/31 you can get $1.00 of 1 KC Masterpiece® Dry Rub. You can find the coupon here along with other savings!
What would kind of meat would you use this Cherry Limeade BBQ Sauce on? Have another sauce combo you want to share?
- 1 can frozen limeade
- 1 small bag frozen cherries
- 1/2 packet KC Masterpiece® Sauce Mix & Dry Rub, in Original
- Defrost the limeade and cherries.
- Place the limeade, cherries, and 1/2 packet of mix into a small saucepan and heat through.
- Pour mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return sauce to stove and heat on simmer while meat cooks.
- Sauce can be used right away or jarred for later use. Spoon over meat for a tart/sweet kick.