We all do it. Someone is coming to the house at the last minute and we need to clean. Here are my 5 tips for quick clean before guests come over. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyPledgeCastle #CollectiveBias
Let’s face it, I have two kids and a dog. That right there is enough of a recipe for dirt and mess than anything else. I love to host friends and family in our home and I make sure that the house is ready for when they come over as long as it is something planned far enough in advance. But as for everyday I will admit that my house isn’t always the cleanest it should be. There is always laundry to be either folded or put away. There is usually dishes drying on the counter and let’s not talk about the dust bunnies that just keep appearing.
So what do I do to get a quick clean before guests come? The trick is to optimize the impact with a few tools and focus on key areas. If it is a last minute guest then most likely they are only going to be in certain areas of the house and not everywhere… At least you hope!
5 Tips for Quick Clean Before Guests Come:
- Use cleaning products that can be used for multiple surfaces. The less time that you have to spend switching from one cleaner for window to another for furniture is ideal. Pledge® Multi Surface Everyday Cleaner with Glade® Rainshower® will let you use one rag/towel to clean windows, coffee tables, and counters.
- Vacuum the floors. You don’t have to necessarily mop, but if you can at least vacuum the floors it makes the house seems so much cleaner if there aren’t bit of food or dog hair on the floor.
- Close doors of the rooms you don’t want guests to see. This may be a pretty simple, duh kind of tip, but if you don’t have much time then shut and if you can lock doors of those rooms you don’t have time to pick up. That would be my bedroom downstairs because that is where laundry ends up and I just don’t have the time to fold it all before guests come.
- Bake some cookies/brownies. Ok I know that this may be the last thing that you have time for, but it will give your house a great smell and give you something quick and easy to serve your guests. The easiest way to make this happen quickly is to have a boxes mix on hand just in case, or the next time you make a batch of cookies make extra batter and freeze whatever you don’t bake off. If you pre-portion the cookies before you freeze than you can quickly pop them on to a pan and bake while you are wiping down surfaces.
- Make piles. It really is ok if there are papers still out and toys downstairs. If you can quickly make them in to neater piles that are stacked then it makes the mess look not quite so bad.
After all this just breathe. I highly doubt your guests will never come over again if it isn’t spotless inside. If so then I would have no friends visit anymore 🙂 Instead just do what you can to pick up and make your house smell good and shine where needed.
Your house is your castle, your domain. Make it your own and if that means some toys on the floor then really it is ok! You can find the Pledge® Multi Surface Everyday Cleaner with Glade® Rainshower® as well as other Pledge® brand products to help your house shine at Kroger while you shop for your groceries. I love that they have the Pledge® Lemon Wipes so that there is cleaner and wipe all in one product. Want more ideas on how to use the Pledge® family of products? Head to their Facebook page.
What other tips for quick clean before guests come over do you have to share?