This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpreadTheHeat #CollectiveBias
We all have our go to quick recipes that we can throw together at a moments notice when you have guests coming over. One of my favorites to make for a quick and delicious appetizer is baked brie with strawberry jalapeno fruit spread. Literally I can have this done in 5 minutes and it looks like a gourmet appetizer. What brings the most flavor to the dish is the Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Strawberry Jalapeno Fruit Spread that I found at Walmart. Don’t worry, it isn’t super spicy. There is just enough heat in the spread to give it flavor and interest without burning your mouth.
My love for baked brie came from a local restaurant. What they do is bake the brie with a raspberry jam. They then layer the appetizer with caramelized onions, chopped basil, and garlic toast. Let me tell you that it is divine and mouth watering. Funny how something so simple can be so amazing. It is all about pairing sweetness with saltiness to make that scrumptious bite. Since I need this to be a quick appetizer, I didn’t cook any onions for the dish, but you definitely could to bring another layer of flavor. You could also pair it with your own garlic bread or crackers like I do.
To make the Baked Brie with Strawberry Jalapeno Fruit Spread:
- Unwrap a wheel of brie cheese and place in an oven proof dish. You can leave on the outer layer that holds in the creamy center.
- Spoon on about 1/3 to 1/2 of the jar of Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Strawberry Jalapeno Fruit Spread
- Place in 375° oven for about 10 minutes. You want the cheese to be warmed through but not overheated as to make it too melted.
- While brie is baking, chop cilantro and strawberries to serve on the side.
- Spread on your favorite cracker like Wasa or garlic bread and enjoy. The Wasa crackers are crunchy and can hold up to the baked brie spread.
The chopped strawberries and cilantro bring a freshness to the dish. By serving them on the side, everyone can make their appetizer customized. Trust me when I say you will want to make sure you always keep these ingredients stocked in your fridge so that you can make this baked brie with strawberry jalapeno fruit spread anytime. Your guests will be impressed that you served them such a gourmet dish.
I love that the new Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Strawberry Jalapeno Fruit Spread is a better for you option since it is sweetened with honey. Any of the other flavors would work with the baked brie as well if you don’t want the slight spice from the jalapeno in the one I used. Earn $1.00 off Smucker’s Fruit & Honey Fruit Spread on your purchase of the spread at Walmart with the Ibotta app. Go ahead now and impress your guests, even if they come last minute.
- 1 package of brie cheese
- 1/2 jar Smucker's Fruit & Honey Strawberry Jalapeno Fruit Spread
- 6 chopped strawberries
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Wasa crackers or garlic bread for serving
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Unwrap the brie and place it in an oven proof dish
- Spoon the fruit spread over the top of the brie to cover
- Bake brie for about 10 minutes or until it is warmed through
- Serve the baked brie with strawberries and cilantro on the side as well as come crackers or bread.