Have any of you ever made a spaghetti pie? I have made plenty of spaghetti dishes in my life, but spaghetti pie was not one that I had ever really thought of making. So this week I thought I would take on a new recipe of Sausage Spaghetti Pie using Ragu Homestyle Thick & Hearty sauce. The process was much easier than I thought and the end product was tasty!! Bonus to this recipe is that it can be sliced, wrapped, and frozen for freezer meal planning.
This sausage spaghetti pie is loaded with flavor. It starts with a quality sausage like the Pederson’s Farms that I used, but you can use your favorite brand. The second layer to the flavor boost is Ragu Homestyle Thick & Hearty pasta sauce. I used the roasted garlic sauce. What I love is that it is more like a homemade sauce without the extra effort. There isn’t the addition of artificial flavors, colors, or high fructose corn syrup that some other sauces put in.
How to make Sausage Spaghetti Pie:
- You will start by sauteing 1 pound of sausage in a skillet. While this is browning, put on the water to boil for your pasta.
- Once the sausage has browned, add in one full jar of Ragu Homestyle Thick & Hearty Sauce and turn down to simmer.
- You will cook the pasta for only 3-4 minutes then drain. It will finish cooking in the oven so you want the pasta to be al dente.
- In a large bowl, whisk two eggs with a little salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup parmesan or manchego cheese.
- Toss the pasta in with the egg mixtures then pour into an oiled pie pan.
- Top the pasta with the sausage pasta sauce.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, top with more shredded cheese and broil until cheese is melted and browned.
- Slice the sausage spaghetti pie and serve with some chopped fresh basil.
My husband was impressed and raved over the flavor of the sausage spaghetti pie. I loved that it was a new way to eat pasta and have leftovers. Ragu has several other flavors of the Homestyle pasta sauce that could work just as well in this recipe. Check out their website for more recipes and save this recipe below!
- 1 pound ground Italian Sausage, browned
- 1 jar Ragu Homestyle Thick & Hearty Pasta Sauce
- 1 box spaghetti
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup Parmesan or shredded Manchego cheese. divided
- Brown sausage in a skillet, then add full jar of pasta sauce, simmer mixture until ready to use
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 3-4 minutes, drain
- Whisk two eggs in a large bowl with 1/4 cup cheese, salt, and pepper
- Place pasta into an oiled pie pan, top with sausage pasta sauce
- Bake sausage spaghetti pie for 30 minutes at 350 degrees
- Top with remaining cheese and broil until cheese is melted and bubbly
- Slice and enjoy. Leftovers can be individually wrapped for freezer meals