This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MMSFlavorVote #Walmart #CollectiveBias Read how I turn a new flavor of M&M’s® into Coffee Nut Sugar Cookies with a cute printable for use as a gift.
It seems like a lot of food companies are coming out with new variations on their classic food/candy and M&M’s® is no different. They have just introduced three new Peanut flavors that you can go try and place your vote for your favorite. I couldn’t buy just one so I got all three: M&M’s® Coffee Nut, M&M’s® Honey Nut, and M&M’s® Chili Nut. Can you imagine what all you can make with these to put an interesting twist on desserts or just eating them by the handful. My kids love sugar cookies with M&M’s® in them so why not make a grown up version with the M&M’s® Coffee Nut flavored ones. They make a fun gift too if you put them in a coffee mug with my “Here is a little Pick Me Up to Sweeten your day” tags! Pop in some instant coffee packs and easy peasy gift.
Walmart had all three varieties in one of those center aisle stands so I was able to grab a few bags of each flavor. They are only there for a limited time to go get yours now so that you can enjoy these yummy Coffee Nut Sugar Cookies or if you like one of the other flavors better you can easily sub them in or go with the classic M&M’s® Peanut.
My recipe for Coffee Nut Sugar Cookies is pretty straight forward:
- Cream the butter and sugar together
- Add in eggs and vanilla
- Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until they have come together
- For the M&M’s® part, you can either chop them in the food processor and mix into the batter or scoop out the dough onto the cookie sheet and place a few of the M&M’s® Coffee Nut on top. Bump up the coffee flavor by adding in some instant espresso into the batter.
- Bake at 375° for about 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Yes I had to try one!
- Once cooled, place 3 or 4 cookies into a bag and set the bag into a coffee cup that has some of the M&M’s® Coffee Nut in the bottom.
- Click on the note card picture below, print out, then punch a hole in the card and attach to the mug with a string.
- Place a couple of instant coffee packs into the mug with the cookies and you have an easy, tasty gift that any coffee lover would enjoy.
If you are not a coffee drinker, then you could make the cookies with the M&M’s® Honey Nut and serve with a few tea bags. The Pick Me Up note card will work no matter what flavor of the new ones you add to the cookies.
Go get your hands on the three new flavors of M&M’s® from now until June 17th, you can vote once per day for your favorite and guess what else?? Once you cast your vote for your favorite new M&M’s® Peanut flavor, you are entered for the chance to win $100,000 and earn the title of the official M&M’s® Taste Tester. The winner will be announced in August along with the winner of the ‘Flavor Vote,’ which will remain on retailer shelves nationwide. I think I am rather partial for to the M&M’s® Coffee Nut so vote for that one!!
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3 T milk
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped M&M’s® Coffee Nut or other M&M’s® you like best
- 1/2 tsp instant espresso powder (optional)
- Cream together the butter and sugar
- Mix in vanilla, egg, and milk
- Add in flour and baking powder until the mixture comes together
- Chop the M&M’s® Coffee Nut in a food processor until it is in small pieces
- Add the M&M’s® Coffee Nut to the cookie dough and mix in. If you want more coffee flavor add in some instant espresso powder
- Scoop the cookies, roll in hand to make smooth, then place on a lined cookie sheet
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until edges are slightly browned