I love when a meal is easy. I mean don’t we all wish that every meal that we make is easy? Some of my best meals come when I just throw together stuff that I find in the the fridge and pantry. This one came about when I searched the pantry, found the green curry and then the other ingredients just popped out at me as I continued my search. Everything that is included are items that you should keep on hand as a just in case. And without even trying really, all of the ingredients are gluten free! My Easy Green Curry Coconut Chicken with rice noodles is a soul satisfying recipe that takes little effort with maximum flavor!
I am a huge fan of the Thai brand of products from their full fat coconut milk, rice noodles, and their green curry (no this is not sponsored). These items which just so happen to be gluten free make it so easy to whip up an asian inspired recipe with very little thought or work. What I like about this green curry coconut chicken recipe is that there are very few ingredients.
How to make Easy Green Curry Coconut Chicken:
You will want to first start out by cutting the chicken into cubes then marinating it in some coconut aminos and fish sauce. These will both bring some saltiness to the dish.
While the chicken is marinating, you can start your other prep. I took about 1/2 cup of baby carrots and put them through the food processor. This will make them easy to eat and cook faster. It is also a great way to easily add in more veggies to the dish. You will then chop one whole onion and begin to saute it in a large saucepan with a little oil.
Once the onions have become soft, add in the chicken with marinade and carrots. Cook this mixture for about 5 minutes or until the chicken begins to brown.
This is when you will add in a whole can of coconut milk as well as a whole small jar of the green curry. The coconut milk will bring in the creaminess while the curry brings tons of flavor! Let this whole mixture simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
While the green curry coconut chicken simmers, cook the rice noodles as directed on the box. You definitely don’t want to overcook these so that they don’t become mushy.
Take the drained noodles and pile in the bottom of a bowl. Scoop the green curry coconut chicken over the noodles and serve with several lime wedges. You could also chop a few sprigs of cilantro to bring a little more color to the dish.
This really was a quick and easy meal that packs loads of flavor with truly very little effort. My husband was impressed and told me to make sure to write this one down. That is another thing I am notorious for… Making really good meals then forgetting what I put in them.. Haha
You could add in other veggies as you see fit to make this meal stretch even farther. Enjoy your easy green curry coconut chicken and invite me over the next time you make it!
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 T coconut aminos
- 1 T fish sauce
- I large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup baby carrots, chopped
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 small jar Thai brand green curry paste
- 1 box Thai brand rice noodles, cooked
- Start by marinating the cubed chicken in the coconut aminos and fish sauce
- Chop the onion and begin to saute in a large saucepan until slightly browned, over medium heat
- Chop the carrots in the food processor
- Add the carrots and chicken with marinade to the onions
- Cook the chicken until it starts to brown slightly, about 5 minutes
- Pour in the can of coconut milk and scoop out green curry from the jar, add both to the chicken
- Stir until all ingredients are combined, let simmer on low for 15-20 minutes
- Cook the rice noodles according to directions, making sure to not overcook
- Serve the green curry coconut chicken over the rice noodles, garnish with a few wedges of lime