I received this product for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com) to use and post my honest opinions. Compensation for this post was provided and this page may contain affiliate links.
Did you know that you can use extra virgin olive oils in recipes from the start to the end of your day. When you use European Extra Virgin Olive Oil, you bring a whole new level of flavor and enrichment to your dishes. I have never made any “sweets” with olive oil so I thought I would try a recipe that included Olitalia European Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a mini sweet bites recipe.
European Extra Virgin Olive Oil brings a fruity rich deep flavor to whatever dish you use it in including sweets. The recipe I was testing out called for lime and poppy seeds with brown flour, I want to adapt it a bit to fit some fall flavors I love with orange and cranberry. Without even using the juice of the mandarin orange, the zest brings a citrus note that pairs so well with the dried cranberries. The base recipe can honestly be adapted to whatever flavor you are feeling that day. And the EVOO, wow, I have to add it to more baking that I do on the sweet side.
These mini sweet bites are perfect for an afternoon tea, small bite breakfast treat along with some eggs, or really just because.
There are so many ways to flavor your life using European Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I use it as an everyday oil when I make my eggs in the morning, in my homemade salad dressings, and at dinner to cook whatever meat we are having that night. Drizzle some on the top of your dish when it is finished too to add just one more layer of depth and flavor.
Learn more about how you can flavor your life with European Extra Virgin Olive Oil here: https://flavor-your-life.com/. The added benefits that European EVOO brings to dishes is amazing and is the purest form you can get where it is pressed without heat or chemicals. Remember to store it in a cool, dark place for optimal use.
- 2 cups all purpose brown flour(can use any AP flour blend)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup powdered almonds(almond flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- zest of 2 mandarin oranges
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Add in almond flour, zest, and salt.
- In separate bowl combine sugar and olive oil, mix. Add eggs and vanilla, stir again to mix well.
- Fold in dry ingredients until just incorporated. Mix in dried cranberries,
- Scoop 1 T balls onto a nonstick baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. I use a small cookie scoop to get more accurate sizes.
- Bake 11-13 minutes until golden brown with tops that are cracked and puffed.
- Let cool on wire rack and Enjoy!
- Best eaten while warm.