‘Tis the season for hot cocoa and warm drinks. We do a hot chocolate bar for our teachers before the holidays are out and I love to make them this peppermint mocha whipped cream for them. It takes less than two minutes to make but packs a delightfully mint perk to cocoa or coffee.
Want to know how I make this whipped cream so fast? Mealthy HandBlend. I have been wanting an immersion blender for years so when Mealthy sent me one to test out, there were so many recipes I wanted to make. First up was whipped cream because hello… it’s just the time of year that I need it for so many things. You can customize the flavor of your whipped cream with just a few tweaks and mix-ins. I love making the pepermint mocha one around Christmas time. All you need is whipping cream, hot chocolate mix, peppermint essential oil or extract or peppermints.
Peppermint Mocha Whipped Cream
- Pour heavy whipping cream into the clear cup that comes with the Mealthy HandBlend set.
- Add in hot cocoa mix, preferred peppermint flavoring, and a splash of vanilla extract.
- Immerse your Mealthy HandBlend into the cup and blend for around two minutes. Move the blender up and down in the cup to fully whip the cream.
- When the whipping cream has formed stiff peaks then it is ready to serve. Use the peppermint mocha whipped cream on pies, cakes, hot cocoa, or coffee.
I have a lot of plans to use the Mealthy HandBlend. I make this butternut squash soup that would be so much easier to blend than transferring it to a blender. All I would have to do is blend right in the pot! The HandBlend kit comes with a separate container for chopping, a whisk attachment, as well as the smoothie cup and immersion blender attachment. So many uses for the hand-held motor.
If you just want to make a basic whipped cream, add 1/3 cup sugar per 2 cups of whipped cream and 2 tsp vanilla extract. Other flavors you could make are a cinnamon spice or pumpkin spice. Sub 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey for the sugar. Put in some lemon or other citrus extract/essential oils for a summertime treat for a lemon pie.
The Mealthy HandBlend will have you blending, mixing, and chopping in no time. At around $30, the Mealthy HandBlend is a multi-use tool/kit that will make your time in the kitchen quicker and whipping up so many more things! What would you use your peppermint mocha whipped cream on?
Want to win your own Mealthy HandBlend? Leave a comment on this post with your favorite recipe that you would use the HandlBlend for to make your life a little easier!!!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup hot cocoa mix
- 5-6 drops peppermint essential oil, 1 tsp peppermint extract, or 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pour heavy whipping cream and remaining ingredients into a bowl or the Mealthy HandBlend smoothie cup.
- Put immersion blender(Mealthy HandBlend) into the cup and blend for about two minutes or until stiff peaks form. Move the blender up and down to fully mix the ingredients.
- Use the peppermint mocha whipped cream on your fave coffee, hot cocoa, or pies. Or just eat it by the spoonful!