During the holidays our family likes to have movie nights. Often it is too cold to be out much and who doesn’t love snuggling up on the couch for some movie time??!! In honor of the new Grinch movie that was released, we decided to take it old school by watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas!: The Ultimate Edition on DVD thanks to Warner Bros. Home Entertainment for sending us a copy. We decided to get Grinchy by making some snacks inspired by the Grinch.
I was able to find this cute Grinch crispy treat kit. The kids were able to make their own Grinch to eat while we watched the movie.
I also made some Grinch popcorn. There are a couple of ways you can do this. If you make homemade popcorn, add some green food coloring into your oil before you pop. If you pop it in bags, you can drizzle some melted butter with green food coloring stirred in and tossed with the popcorn. If you want to make a full on snack/treat follow this recipe for Grinch Popcorn Mix:
- Pop your fave popcorn then lay it out on a sheet pan. Place a sheet of wax paper down before you start. There are some ingredients that may stick to your pan and it will help with easier cleanup.
- Add some of your fave snacks to the pan like raisins, green M&M’s, pretzels, etc.
- In a small bowl, melt some white chocolate then add in green oil based food coloring, or just melt green candy melts.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the popcorn.
- Sprinkle the mixture with green sprinkles/sanding sugar for an extra green and grinchy look. If you can find some, add some red hearts or cinnamon candies to the mix as well.
- Once the chocolate sets, scoop your Grinch Popcorn Mix into a bowl and sit and enjoy How the Grinch Stole Christmas! with your family and friends.
What movie does your family like to watch during the holidays? Movies sure make good stocking stuffers so that you can share the memories or create new ones for years to come!
HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS!: THE ULTIMATE EDITION:
The best-selling, perennial holiday classic, How the Grinch Stole Christmas!: The Ultimate Edition, got even better with the addition of two Grinch specials, which are available in high definition for the first time ever! Magnificently narrated by Boris Karloff (Frankenstein, The Mummy) and directed by animation genius and cartoon legend Chuck Jones (Looney Tunes, What’s Opera, Doc?), How the Grinch Stole Christmas! tells the story of the miserable Grinch, who wants to sabotage Christmas for all the Whos in Who-ville. This release also includes The Grinch Grinches the Cat in the Hat and Halloween is Grinch Night. Available now on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, which includes a Blu-ray™, DVD and digital copy for $24.98 SRP, and standard definition for $19.98 SRP.