This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #JustAddRice #CollectiveBias
I have a question for you all. Who cooks dinner every night?
If you raised your hand that you do, can I come live with you? Haha All joking aside, I wish I had the desire to cook full meals every night, but that just isn’t my reality. When you have to be at soccer practice at the same time you normally eat dinner, then the last thing I want to do is cook a meal and clean up all before we leave. My answer to not having fast food each night is to premake some dinners on nights or weekends when I have a little extra time. Here is one of my recipes for chicken mushroom alfredo cups. They can be portioned, baked, frozen, and then popped into the microwave to reheat.
The last time I was at Kroger I bought a larger pack of chicken drummettes and cooked all of them at once. This gave me extra meat to save for another meal and also to just reheat throughout the week. You could just cook chicken breasts and save some for this recipe as well. I picked up some Uncle Ben’s® Brown Rice Medley Roasted Garlic & Herb, a jar of alfredo sauce, and a small can of mushrooms. I had some corn on the cob left over from another meal so I used that in this recipe as well.
Cook the rice medley according to the directions. While that is cooking, you can chop up 1 1/2 cups of chicken, cut the corn off of two cobs, chop the small can of mushrooms, and measure out the alfredo sauce. Once the rice is cooked fully then combine it with the other ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste if needed. I then spooned the mixture into disposable muffin tins. This will help you in creating portions that are easy to grab, reheat, and go to whatever event you have at night.
- Box of Uncle Ben's® Brown Rice Medley Roasted Garlic & Herb
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- small can mushrooms, chopped
- Corn from 2 corn cobs
- 1 cup alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- Cook the Uncle Ben's Brown Rice Medley according to directions on the box.
- Once the rice is fully cooked, add it to a bowl with the chicken, mushrooms, corn, and alfredo sauce.
- Spoon the mixture into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until browned around the edges.
- If you are adding the cheese to the tops, then bake for an additional 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Freeze the cups then pop out of the muffin tins and save in a freezer bag until ready to eat. Either defrost the cups overnight in the fridge or reheat straight from the freezer to enjoy for a last minute dinner.
Bake at 400° in the muffin tins for 30 minutes or until browned around the edges. In the last few minutes I topped some of the cups with shredded cheddar for some extra yummy goodness. Cover with foil then pop the muffin tins in the freezer. Once frozen, pop the cups out of the muffin tins and wrap in plastic and store the cups in a freezer bag. The night before you want to eat the chicken mushroom alfredo rice cups, I recommend putting them in the fridge to defrost, but of course you can reheat them straight from frozen as well if you are like me and don’t know what you want to eat until last minute.
You can customize these rice cups to other flavors and vegetables very easily.
Another tip for this recipe is that you could also use Uncle Ben’s® Long Grain & Wild Rice Fast Cook Recipe so that this could be a meal you make and bake all in one day. Do you have a favorite recipe to make ahead of time for those nights when you don’t have much time for dinner? Share them below in the comments!