This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GameForBasketball #CollectiveBias This post is not medical advice. Get your body ready for this spicy crab dip.
Big sports events are the perfect time to get together with friends and family to root for your favorite team or even if your team isn’t playing, it’s still fun to hang out and maybe cheer for that underdog. The best part of getting together has to be the food, but you have to make sure your body is ready for the heat and spices that may be in some of the dishes. Spicy sweet wings are a favorite at our house, but I have another spicy recipe that is also a crowd favorite, my Spicy Crab Dip.
Right now college basketball is king so for our watch party I picked up food and supplies to have a basketball themed spicy get together. While at Walmart I picked up some cheap basketballs to transform them into serving bowls. No I didn’t put the food directly in them, but used as a cover for my glass bowls. It is an easy fun quirky way to bring he basketball theme to life. I also picked up some Nexium 24HR for my husband who tends to get heartburn when he eats spicy food. He will be prepared this time for the spicy food by taking the Nexium 24HR before we eat so he can enjoy my spicy crab dip.
This has to be the easiest recipe and you can add whatever spicy flavors and even veggies that you want to this.
Spicy Crab Dip
To make the recipe blend easier, I recommend pulling out your cream cheese so that it comes to room temperature. Now this recipe can either be served hot or cold that is the beauty of it. Mix the cream cheese with the garlic, mayo, and other ingredients. Here is where you can twist things up a bit: add some chopped spinach, celery, maybe water chestnuts. This will add texture to the dish. I was able to find some ready to use, already cooked crab in the fresh case near the seafood that all you have to do is open the container and pour in to the bowl. You can probably find it as well in the freezer section. Bam you have a delicious dip. If you like you can heat the spicy crab dip in the oven until it is bubbly and hot.
To make the basketball serving bowl:
- Buy a cheap ball like I was able to pick up at Walmart
- Cut the ball in half with either a sharp knife, scissors, or box cutters
- If you are serving the dip hot, place napkins or a towel inside the basketball so that the glass bowl wont melt into the basketball. In the same note if you want it to stay cold, you could place ice cubes in the basketball as well.
Both the recipe and the basketball serving bowl are super easy so that you will be ready to party in no time. Be on the lookout for more ideas for a complete basketball party coming soon. By taking the Nexium 24HR then you will be ready to combat when that heartburn would normally kick in. Nexium 24HR, the new #1 selling frequent heartburn brand* (*Based on IRI sales data 52 weeks ending 11/1/15 among OTC brands. May take 1 to 4 days for full effect. Use as directed.) Ask a doctor before use if you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 can chipotle in adobo, chopped
- 4 oz already cooked crab meat
- Let the cream cheese sit out to get to room temperature
- Chop all the veggies that you want in the dip. You can add celery, water chestnuts, cooked chopped spinach. Really however you want to personalize it.
- Mix cream cheese,mayo, garlic, chipotle in adobo, veggies, and crab meat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- This recipe can be served cold or hot. To heat place in oven proof dish and cook 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until bubbly.